Man, Wife, and Children Die of Fire on Christmas Eve

Fire on Christmas Eve
Fire on Christmas Eve

It was a great disaster and heart wrecking for residents of 27 Mabel Street, off Etete road in Benin City, Edo State, South south Nigeria on Christmas as a family of three lost their lives to an early morning fire which razed their building.

The landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare, said the fire started at 2 a.m. when he saw smoke billowing from one of the tenants’ room.

He said, “I forced the door opened and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in. The family died in the inferno.”

A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph, said she ran into her room to pick up her child and escaped through the back door. Another neighbor, Okhuoghae Osawaru, said, “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started. “The man is a hard-working man. He just returned from outstation to celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby. He was humble and nice.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *