The Enugu State, South east Nigeria, Police Command has commenced an investigation into the death of an 8-year-old boy from suspected kerosene explosion in Umundu Community, Udenu Local Government Area. The Command’s spokesman, Superintendent of Police Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday, said the incident occurred on Sunday night.
He said, “It was gathered that the incident occurred when the victim, little Chikamso Nnamani, about 8 years old, tried to refill their lamp with kerosene. But unfortunately, the light went wild and quickly engulfed the whole house. It was further gathered that as occupants were scampering for safety, the said Chikamso ran towards another direction where he was allegedly consumed by the fire.”
The police spokesman also said the serene community had been thrown into mourning this festive season by the unfortunate incident.