Three schoolgirls at Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Mega, Kebbi State, have reportedly died of suspected food poisoning. The children reportedly died after eating a meal called Rama, allegedly prepared by a parent of one of the victims. The school’s principal, Hajiya Lami Abubakar, disclosed that the food was not a school meal, but it was prepared from home by a parent of one of the girls. “The food, known in Hausa as Rama, was brought to the school by the parents during the visiting day, and it might have been contaminated,” she said. She added that the deceased students ate the food consecutively for three days, before they fell sick, leading to their hospitalization and subsequent death. Meanwhile, Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State has paid a condolence visit to the secondary school in Mega, Danko/Wasagu Local Government Area of the state. He expressed his heartfelt sympathy on the tragedy and prayed God against recurrence.