1. Avocado Pear is Rich in Nutrients. The green skin pear shaped tropical berry fruit has several health benefits due to its constituents-protein, low sugar compared to other fruits, vitamins and minerals (potassium, vitamins K, B, C. and E) and fibre; a medium size avocado pear is said to 11 grams of fibre – about 50 percent of daily requirement. It also contains foliate (precursor of folic acid), omega-3 and oleic acid.
2. Avocado Pear May Lower Blood Cholesterol. Studies reveal that avocado lowers cholesterol level, the fruit contains monounsaturated fat which is said to lower Low Density Lipid (LDL) Cholesterol in the blood, and this is the bad cholesterol while it raises the level of High Density Lipid (HDL) cholesterol which is the good cholesterol. Bad cholesterol is associated with narrowing of blood vessels which can cause stroke and heart disease.
3. Avocado Promotes Health Body Weight. Avocado contains protein, monounsaturated fat, yet low in sugar compared to other fruits. Consequently, people who eat a lot of avocado are able to maintain appropriate body weight and a filled stomach.
4. Avocado May Ward-off Cancer, High Blood Pressure and Diabetes. Avocado pear is said by scientists to contain phytochemicals which may offer some advantages in cancer prevention particularly prostate and breast cancers. The high potassium content of avocado together with oleic acid and omega-3 is said to help reduce blood pressure The monounsaturated fat in avocado pear is said to prevent or reverse insulin resistance- one of the possible causes of mature diabetes (type 2 diabetes).
5. Avocado Helps to Prevent Anaemia in Pregnancy. Avocado contains foliate, the precursor of folic acid which is usually given to women in pregnancy to prevent anaemia. Together with iron tablets in most cases, both are given to pregnant women throughout pregnancy. Folic acid is also required by the baby in the womb for proper development of the brain and other organs.