Stapler pins stuck inside the mouth of a 10-month-old baby was successfully removed through an operation at the Central Referral Hospital (CRH) here. Prof Suvamoy Chakraborty, head of the Ear Nose Throat department and Head and Neck surgery department of CRH, who led the operation yesterday, said the baby had accidentally ingested 29 stapler pins which got stuck in her oral cavity.

An attempt by her family members to manually remove them precipitated the problem by lodging the set of pins in the nasopharynx, he said.A team of ENT surgeons from CRH, led by Prof Suvamoy Chakraborty and supported by Dr Subhasish Mukherjee and Dr Soumyajit Das successfully performed the operation and the stapler pins were removed, Chakraborty added.

Related Posts

China hightens quarantine measures against Zika virus.

Wisconsin (USA) health officials warn about Elizabethkingia outbreak.

About 40,000 marternal dealth recorded yearly in Nigeria –U.S. Envoy

US. group partners with Nigeria to scale up HIV/AIDS services.

Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns against the use of contraceptive device.

Vaccine for Zika virus infection still far away—US scientists.

No Comments

Leave a Comment

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our Feed