A 24 year old final year medical student (Uchenna) of the College of Medicine, Nnamdi Azikiwe University,Awka, Anambra state, South east Nigeria is dead.

A indigene of Amagunze, Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State also in South east Nigeria, he died from burns suffered in a cooking gas explosion in the college’s hostel common kitchen.

Unknown to him, another student had used a cooking gas without putting it off, when Uchenna was about lighting his own cooking stove, he was caught up in a web of fire with heavy degree burns and was rushed to an orthopedic hospital,Enugu where he died after some days.

It was also gathered that another medical student of the college also died trying to escape the incidence by jumping a two storey building; he hit his head on a concrete floor.


No Comments

Leave a Comment

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our Feed